View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #104
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcorner View Post
I prefer to get mine from O'Reilly. All their e-books are DRM-free, plus with e-book bundle you get free updates to reflect published changes and corrections.
"Formats Available
There are four file formats included in the Ebook bundle:
  • PDF — The PDF format is a widely supported standard, and is a faithful representation of the printed book. Whenever possible, our PDFs also include navigation bookmarks and live hyperlinks.
  • ePub — One way to describe ePub is "mp3 for books." Instead of each Ebook software and device maker using their own format, the ePub standard is meant to give readers, publishers, and device makers a single format for Ebooks — one that includes many of the same features we're all familiar with on the web, like reflowable text and hyperlinking.
  • Mobi — It's hard to dispute that Amazon's Kindle has sparked renewed interest in Ebooks, and we want to make sure oreilly.com customers with Kindles can read our Ebooks. The Kindle cannot currently read ePub files directly (though we hope that will change), so the Ebook bundle includes the Mobi file format, which can be read on the Kindle.
  • DAISY — The DAISY Talking Book Format (DTB) provides access to print books for individuals who are blind, visually-impaired, or print disabled. DAISY is used by a variety of hardware and software reading systems.
  • Android .apk — Ideal for your Android device."
Yes, is a good resource. I got some of mine from there. Still a bit more pricey but good collection.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote