View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 04:56 PM   #43
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Also, I really like the way the chapters begin 1/2 way down the page & hope to get your CSS so I can apply it to the books I'm making.
Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
Heh. I think that's actually a bug. It's supposed to be only 5 or so lines down, and shows up that way in Mobipocket Desktop. I'm actually hoping I've fixed when I post another build of the file . But if that's what you want, you should be able to achieve the effect with a 'margin-top: 50%' property on your chapter headers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I usually try to get something a bit more space-efficient...
I'll agree that 1/2 the page is too far down, but I've not been happy with the default placement as shown in this first image (from The Moving Picture Girls). I also would like to try something like the pseudo-watermark used in the commercial book Fortune and Fate by Sharon Shinn as shown in the second image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MovingPictureGirls-screenshot.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	20771   Click image for larger version

Name:	FortuneAndFate-screenshot.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	20772  
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote