View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Thanks - I really like the web browser option.

I tried viewing it in Firefox, in Calibre, in Adobe Digital Editions, in Sony Windows Reader and in FBReader.

Firefox, ADE and Sony (which emulates the PRS-700 under Windows) all displayed the cover full screen, but Calibre just displayed an empty box and FBReader did not display anything (if does not support SVG). The "image in SVG" approach does give you a full screen cover and a conforming ePub reader is required to support SVG, but currently only ADE (including the Sony variant) actually does so. I see that you have an image-only version commented out. Is there any way to add an automatic image-only alternative? If not, then sticking with the SVG approach is ok. Eventually, all ePub Readers will support it.

Another anomaly is that the chapter "header" appears twice in ADE (and Sony) but not under Firefox or Calibre. FBReader does not produce the CSS header appearance, but also repeats the chapter header. See the attached ADE screenshot, which has "Chapter I" repeated, partially obscuring the large M of "Mr. Jones".
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ADE_AnimalFarm.gif
Views:	924
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	19116  
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote