View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #29
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Miranda View Post
As a final note, the user's manual for both the Kindle and Nook warn that the device should be electrically disconnected before physically unplugging it from the computer.
Although I typically remove flash drives without going through all this, and without ill effect, I hesitate to not follow these instructions with the Kindle and Nook.
Can't speak for Nook or Kindle, but it is important to properly "unmount" the Kobo readers as you've described so I suspect the other 2 are the same. Not doing so can easily corrupt the database on the device and force a wipe/reset to get things back to normal. I think I've read a technical rationale for this behaviour on here, but I can't remember what it was.

Interestingly if you read the directions that come with a flash drive (in my defense, the only reason I did read them was regarding this very question ), these days they will mostly say you can just pull them safely with out unmounting them.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote