View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 05:23 AM   #35
hannah
Zealot
hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Bebook mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneD View Post
It's easier to use calibre itself for such things instead of rummaging around in the directories manually. For instance, click the author field to enable author sorting, and scan down the list looking for inconsistencies. If your books don't sort consistently by the author's last name, you can usually select all books, click the "Edit meta information" button, and use the "Automatically set author sort" checkbox in the dialog (with no other changes) to ensure that all your books sort by last name first (though multi-author books will sort by the last author's last name instead of the first author's last name, as some might expect).
I really feel stupid now, but this doesn't work as you explain. In the meta information from books the author field shows "first name last name", and the author sort field "last name, first name", just as you mentions.
But when I browse by author field it shows "first name last name", and the same happens with the author tags.

For example with Poe again :
I have a book named "The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe [Volume 1]"
In the meta data Author(s) is 'Edgar Allan Poe', Author Sort 'Poe, Edgar Allan'.
When I browse the Author(s) field or search the authors tags, it shows 'Edgar Allan Poe' .

So what am I doing wrong ?
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote