Thread: verifying html
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shall1028 View Post
Slightly incorrect might be a better term and "no problem" is also slightly incorrect.

The fonts must be embedded and specified properly. I made an epub sometime ago that would not display properly in ADE using:

font-family: "Goudy", "serif";

but does display properly as:

font-family: "Goudy", serif;

I had forgotten that I found the fix to the problem and assumed that ADE had problems with embedded fonts.

Note though the fonts need to be embedded in the epub and not merely on your system.
Actually, that too is partly incorrect. Depending on the ADE being used, you can use fonts on your system instead of having to have them in your ePub. Sony allows you to call up fonts you have loaded on the reader (for example).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote