View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #11
Randolphlalonde
Author
Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post

We love to support author members who participate in our forums (especially those who take into account the worldwide membership and variety of devices we own).

Thank you for publishing on smashwords. No DRM, no geographic restrictions, and multiple formats allows all of us the opportunity to read your books.
I'd rather trust my readers than force them into a DRM system like Mobipocket or Kindle. Don't get me wrong, I met more readers on Mobipocket than anywhere else, but when Smashwords came along it was time to change gears, especially since there's a slim chance that Mobipocket may get snuffed out by Amazon, and there will be thousands of readers left with libraries of dozens, even hundreds of books that they no longer have access to.

I'm hoping my experiences with Smashwords is as interesting as my experiences with Mobipocket. I've had reader mail from Africa, Tokyo, and everywhere in between thanks to my presence there. Hopefully some of those users follow me to my new home at Smashwords.

Enough of me going on, time to get back to work on the next novel! Sons of Brighwill is due out in a month, after all...
Randolphlalonde is offline   Reply With Quote