View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 03:50 AM   #13
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
[QUOTE=spaze;575541]I will look into it, but mixing HTML with plain text gets complicated. What if I wanted to make a book explaining how to code HTML? It would have to have HTML code as a text. But yes, I will look into it.[quote]

HTML has ways of allowing you to post code as text. Several of them, in fact. How do you think HTML tutorial webpages get written?

Lack of ability to use bold, italics, indented sections, or bullet lists in the text is rather a severe set of drawbacks to a bookmaking program.

Quote:
By importing existing files, do you mean PDF files or just one TXT file copy/pasted into one window?
Either. Any. Not having to copy-and-paste each chapter separately.

Right now, I'm not seeing anything this does that isn't covered by setting up a Word doc (or an Abiword doc) with a small page size, and using one of the countless free PDF printers. It does include file hosting--but so does googledocs.

The lack of formatting control is a big drawback. Not being able to choose fonts and point sizes, and not having any idea where the page breaks are (hard to do poetry, in that case) are very troublesome for making books.