View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 12:05 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I disagree. The court made a *bad* decision and this puts all "derivative" works based upon extracting information and putting it in a database form. Think of all the Prima gaming guides for games like Diablo and Warcraft.

Nope, it was a clear case of stupid greed (Rowling) and idiocy (the court) winning over justice.

Derek
The key point made by the court in this case is that there was virtually no "creative input" by the author; he'd just taken extracts of Rowling's work and presented it pretty-much word-for-word. One would imagine that in a game guide, the author would have put a lot of effort into figuring out how to win the game - that presumably count as "creative input".

I'm afraid I disagree with your conclusion.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote