Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #62
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
I agree, I've seen the same problem with new mobile phones where people complain that the batteries are only lasting a day but after a week or so they come right as the battery meter learns the upper and lower limits of that particular battery. I always do three or four full charge / discharge cycles on all my devices and I ignore whatever the battery meter says while I'm doing this because I know it's probably wrong. After doing this I usually get excellent battery life from my devices.
Mmm... My Glo has had more than 4 cycles already so far though...

BUT --- I think I spoke too soon *again*. Maybe the battery is not bad afterall, though I'll need to do some more testing before I can be certain.

I did delete the badly formatted Kepub which was giving me battery troubles, which made the batterly life considerably better, but not better enough. My conclusion was that maybe I had a bad battery afterall. However, I realised yesterday that despite deleting the Kepub, I do still have, and am in fact reading, its epub version... So while the badly formatted "first" chapter containing 7 real chapters without chapter marks might not be cached all at once like it was for the Kepub, there might still be something going on. I don't know how epubs are cached. I realised this when I suddenly saw a drop in battery usage, which sort of coincided with me reading passed the 7th chapter.

So! More testing to be done and I'm really hoping for a perfect battery after all.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 01-24-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote