View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #228
halipleumon
halipleumon began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs 350
the new edition is much prettier, that's for certain. personally i find extra menus/buttons/keyboards on the border of the device takes away from the reading experience. the touch screen menu on the bottom of the first edition seemed to be the complaint i heard most often (despite the keyboard on the kindle). i invested in the first edition nook a few weeks before the 'newer gen' ereaders jumped on the market, and i found the performance on the device to be lacking.
i have some beefs with the way the product is advertised. they boast having the most advanced eink technology, but there doesn't seem to be a specific grading system attributed to eink. does the higher end eink technology increase alongside the levels of greyscale available? they also boast having a very light device, but the specifications don't state what material it's made out of. another preference of mine is not to have a device made of plastic.
it seems that this model is a "catch up" model for barnes and noble. the nook color doesn't exactly fit into the market as an e-reader, as i see it. it's a better product relative to lower end ereaders and their previous edition, but it hardly seems innovative when compared to other devices available.
halipleumon is offline   Reply With Quote