View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #78
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
I like it, mostly. But I am not pre-ordering, yet.

First, it does seem it was a preemptive strike, against all the other 9.7" which are about to roll out, and probably against the 10" Apple notepad. The K DX is a reasonably sexy design, but so might be some of the competitors' readers, and some may have real touch screens, which would be sexier.

Second, while it says "native" support for PDF, it also says it can display "most" PDFs. This can mean many things, but I'll wait and see. Plus, I am not sure their description implies reflowable PDF support, or PDF search capability, or zooming, or PDF dictionary support.

So, me thinks, there is little reason to pre-order, until they are close to shipping, and we know what else is on the market at that time, and what exactly the KDX's PDF support consists of.

P.S. Also, while 4GB sounds like a lot, a PDF title can easily be 20 megs or more (much more).... So, without card support, one can fill this up fast.

Last edited by Sonist; 05-06-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote