View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #18
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I checked and it said that (preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid meet") was the "default" value so I took it out. But, it doesn't really take up a lot of extra space...it is just one file, so I will put all the defaults back in just to CYA.

When I use Calibre to convert (instead of Kindle Previewer) some different things happen:

convert to AZW3 - as expected, Kindle previewer doesn't even allow selection of the devices that aren't kf8. No other differences noted.

convert to mobi - it shows one of the two svg pages, but the dimensions are all screwed up. The aspect ratio is correct, but the size is huge. Both svg pages had the default values (height="100%" preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid meet") defined.
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote