View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #60
flyash
Groupie
flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Any article limit I've run into is due to the rss feed or the aggregator. I've seen many feeds that only allow the last 10 articles. Feeds like that are why I use Google reader. Google reader can't go back beyond the 10 articles for those feeds but it will collect all articles from now on. So if I grab Google reader once a week I could have 50 plus even though the feed would only provide the last ten.

Google reader might have a limit but once altered the recipe is not limited.
The feed in question only returns 10 articles (when used in its own custom recipe), but g-reader (the web app, not the g-reader custom recipe) is able to go back and fetch older articles, even going back a few years. This is true even if I add this feed as a new subscription to a new google account. So that behavior is quite different from what you describe, assuming I understood you correctly.

So for example, I might have 1000 articles in g-reader, going back 3 years. If I star all those articles, and attempt to retrieve them using the g-reader custom recipe, only the first 200 are getting fetched. So the limit looks like it is in the recipe, not g-reader itself.
flyash is offline   Reply With Quote