View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #34
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Everybody, or just relatively cheap to produce genres? How's classical doing?
I don't think the genre matters, really. I'm not much of a classical afficionado, but my tastes are not exactly mainstream either, and I always find something worth listening to.

Quote:
I don't think many book authors have the option of raising their live performance prices to compensate for cheap eBooks.
So how's that working for movies, or TV shows?

Quote:
As a librarian, I think you should be all for DRM.
Heck, no. It's a daily royal PITA.

Quote:
It's central to the only library eBook system that's working at all, Overdrive.
I think your world view might be somewhat limited. There are other systems as well, and some of which even forego DRM. In academic circles Springer does exactly that: they licence all of their books for university-wide use for a yearly flat fee. They seem to be doing fine.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote