View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 04:13 AM   #66
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinohsk View Post
Hello everyone,
selecting a newspaper freda always crashes when I press either the "Download" or "Open" button.
Thanks for reporting the issue. I have tried to reproduce it using my Calibre/Freda setup, but I can't. That probably means that there's some difference between our Calibre configurations ... . So to help me investigate the issue, can I ask you to do a couple of things for me please:

1) Please find one of the newspaper epub files in your Calibre folder on your PC and email it to me, so I can do some testing
2) On the Calibre main library screen, please select one of the newspaper files, and look at its metadata [right-click, menu item 'edit metadata', sub-menu item 'edit metadata individually' ]. Take a look at the metadata text (probably in a 'comments' pane on the right hand side of the screen), and if it is very long, please delete it. The current Freda version has a bug that causes problems in the case of books with large amounts of metadata text.
3) After one of the failed downloads, please restart Freda then go to the 'support' page and tap the 'email for support' button. That will send me a log file that may help me investigate the issue.

Thanks for your help,

Jim (jim@turnipsoft.co.uk)
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote