View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 06:10 PM   #7
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
My, oh, my! Ask to learn: I never suspected that there would be so many codes for dead languages!
Now, a short and perhaps silly question: would it work just to mark those words (or roots, mostly) as <span xml:lang="pied">*k’ṃtom</span>, i.e., with a non-existing language code, or it would it sound all the bells in epubChecker? Really, the author is hardly ever giving words in a particular language, but rather pointing out 'cognates' or common roots in related languages... It seems rather an overkill to insert more than thirty different <span xml:lang="---">...</span> for mere fragments, mostly not belonging to actual languages, when what is really required is the notice 'don't treat this as a common word'.

Anyway, my thanks for the link to the code tables: good to know that there is such a complete reference for out-of-the-way languages.
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote