View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 09:57 AM   #9
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
@roger --- I will have to try installing this script on Windows 10, and see if I can learn to use it correctly. Thank you!!!!

@Jon --- Font is "Bilbo" a handwriting font by Robert E. Leuschke ( TypeSETit )
under Open Font License. I used it for chapter titles in Wind in the Willows, just uploaded. I *think* I got the weight ok, and that it works all right (tried in ADE for PC, and in Kindle Previewer).
Ah, good old Bilbo and its sibling, Bilbo Swash Caps. Yup, that one gets around!

Every time I think about that font, I think about Zapfino. They're like my personal bête noires. Not that I don't like them--I do. But they seem to constantly put me into weird problems--like someone has used Zapfino in their word processor--and italicized it. I mean, spiffy, if you can do that, but you can't make that happen in an eBook. Ditto what you've just gone through with Bilbo, same thing--it's AWFULLY light. Tricky on some eInks.

I've spent a fair amount of time cursing Zapf, I tell ya! And it's odd that with all the time that's passed, etc., good replacements for Zapfino are still few and far between. Yes, he came out with Forte, about 17 years ago, but still...that's a bold(ish) version, not an "italicized" version, whatever the hell italicized Zapfino would mean....I mean, italicized calligraphy? Kinda makes my brain hurt.

Sheesh. Fonts. There are days when I think that they're out to get me.

I'm glad it's working for you, GG! Congrats on conquering FontForge.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote