View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 08:00 PM   #7
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
I have a font that needs to be made heavier for use on e-ink.

Years ago, on Windows Vista, I tried Font Forge briefly, but only achieved serial crashes. Now on Windows 10, I want to try again.
I had a baby-step walk-through tutorial on how to do that embolding in Font Forge, but it is no longer available, and my Google-fu is not working.

Does anyone know of a simple EASY-TO-FOLLOW tutorial to embolden an existing font?
Or can provide me with a baby-step recipe???

I will bake quantities of cyber-cookies for any helper!
On this 2017 link you'll find a link to download the excellent Sherman Perry script ReadifyFontGUI.py which worked quite well for my Linux Libertine font.

I tried it recently and it still works quite well. I am a Linux user. It can darken the font (I tested it with 20, 25, 30 and finally settled with the 30 value that I still use today). It can rename fonts.

Last edited by roger64; 03-14-2020 at 02:46 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote