View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #12
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
<shrug>

I don't think they are that awful. I guess I'm just not that bothered about covers. A cover would certainly never influence my decision about whether or not to buy a book.
I think it does more so when randomly browsing unknowns. For example if Stephen King, or Tom Clancy put out a book with a horrible cover, most people probably would not even notice. Their NAME sells the book.

However if you are just scrolling through your favorite genre on Amazon all you have is title, and a thumbnail of the cover. If the cover sticks out you are more likely to click on it then if it blends in. If you never click on it, you will not buy it.

So, IMO, at least for most people I think the cover does have buying impact of some degree.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote