View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 06:28 PM   #288
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
FBReader now supports online catalogs. It's my preferred reader for being a straightforward ePub/mobi reader and not focusing on useless pbook emulation stuff like page flipping animations, paper texture or "shelves". What good is having books in shelves when you got hundreds of them? I much rather prefer lists with different sorting criteria available...

I also got Kindle installed and bought the well recommended Charlie Stross' "Singularity Sky" today. Kindle for modern day ebooks and FBReader for gutenberg classics, that's the way for good reading on an android smartphone to me. It's ostrageous not to have public domain books available for free for Kindle -- which is weird since they get you "Pride and Prejudice" and "Treasure Island" for free on install. OTOH, I like FBReader visualization customization options much better, particularly margin and font sizes.

Gotta say 1-click is truly an amazing service, though.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote