View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #8
tea2
Zealot
tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd ed, Kindle 2, iPad Mini 4, Aura One.
Yes. My usb port on my other kobo is starting to be a bit touchy (no pun intended) after a year, so I got one. I'm still undecided as to whether my eyes like the light. It's nice as an extra when it's darker in the evenings,but my eyes were bothering me a bit last night (that feeling of grittiness/tiredness I get with computer lcds in the dark sometimes). It might be a question of getting used to it, but it's supposed to be easier on the eyes than lcd.

It's also faster. No more HUGE delays getting to the homepage or in and out of shelves. When I knew I was going to have to press the home button on my Touch, I would sometimes make the font smaller and load a new page so that I'd have something to read while waiting. Some of the controls are different (no physical home button, no search on the homepage). Also no way to instantly add books to a shortlist that I can see (I like to do that with library books). As with the Touch, I've had restarts changing the font or margins, though.

Some of my .azw files that were converted over with Calibre and that were fine on my Touch have too-wide margins and have lost their double spacing, so I'm gonna have to fiddle again with those. Some converted books also come up blank. They have page numbers, but are totally blank otherwise.

So I'm undecided. I think it will (mostly) be good.

One other thing: it's a bit smaller than the Touch, so some of the original cases will not fit it. They didn't have any new ones in my local Chapters, so I will have to hang on for that.

Last edited by tea2; 10-07-2012 at 01:32 PM.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote