View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 06:06 AM   #18
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokel22 View Post
May I ask something completely noobish that could potentially make me look like the biggest idiot in the world? Can you just copy all of the files on the hard drive and delete/paste past in the back-ups in the case of a problem.
You don't have to be long winded, but why wouldn't that work? (more of a curiosity than suggestion)
I think it would have to be a little more than just copying as you need the hidden and system files.

That being said, we create image files of the servers we maintain so that we can restore everything should the need arise. I don't see any reason why the same shouldn't be applied to the Android OS if the imaging tools were available. Those tools are about somewhere, it's just a matter of getting ones hands on them.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote