View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 06:07 AM   #14
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Well, the Gen3 firmware can be flashed onto a STAReBOOK, I tried, but it did not work. Certain parst of the firmware were not flahsed (I guess the bootloader) and thus the device stopped responding after it showed the boot-splashscreen. Reflashing it back to STAReBOOK worked. I had to fiddle with the files a bit to make it work in the first place, but it did flahs and also verified the flashed date but I guess the firmware update I had (it's not easy to get one's hands on Gen3 Firmware Updates) was not a complete "Reflash" firmware but rather an incremental update. With a complete firmware dump it should work, only the display driver could cause problems because it is made for Vizplex and the STAReBOOK devices use the "old" eink screen...

I'll try netronix, but they'll probably be just as responsive as Bookeen (no reply...ever...)

I got a reply from Netronix. That was the good news.
The bad news is, that Netronix just does hardware, no software, so we're still out of luck.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote