View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #102
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
Before I decided to buy my K3 I was quite tempted by the iPad, which seemed to offer book-reading capability and obviously many more features than a straight ereader. But what put me off was the weight. I couldn't imagine I would find it comfortable to read with in bed for any length of time.

Now I know that for some people the solution is a lighter 7" tablet, but if I am going to have a tablet I would want a 10" one, in order to get the most out of it. It's rather like some people being able to read books or watch videos on an iPhone. I know it can be done, but not by me.

There are always going to be problems that make all-purpose devices less than ideal. They may be improved in various ways. The iPad 2 is lighter, but still a bit heavy for me. Perhaps eventually there will be an iPad n that will be light enough!
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote