View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 12:00 AM   #8
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
As far as I know the date column is never changed. Saving to disk and then adding preserves dates, that is by design. If you dont want that behavior turn off creation of OPF files when saving to disk.
Hmmm. Wonder why I thought it was changing then. Shall experiment sometime.

Yeah I figured the opf date unchanged it was intentional for allowing people to preserve info. It just becomes not quite what you want if your purpose in exporting is for someone elses Calibre library although obviously this a less used scenario. I dont want to turn off the opf files because then I lose all that lovely metadata I have so carefully prepared so all my parents have to do s add the books then plug in the kindle and send to it. Plus a click on memes collections plugin of course.

They can tell which books are new from the on device column when they plug in the kindle but that relies on it being plugged in and also that all the books to date have been put on the kindle. Not the case when you have multiple with a Calibre library being shared.

I am sure there must be a custom column solution or something....

And thanks Lady Fitzgerald for the good wishes. I actually had a 3hr train trip first and now waiting at departure gate for the hell of 23 hours flying to get back to London. So jump, ride or fly, I will be shattered for the next few days. Best I dont release any plugins with half asleep coding...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote