View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
On the other hand, I would love to chat with someone about a book I'm reading (or he/she's reading), but it's not common over here.
In Japan, it happened to me once in the subway. A Japanese man commenting my book (I don't put covers ), kind of bold given the circumstances but I was so ecstatic for days, I can tell you.
In France, someone asked me about ereaders and I was more than glad to share as much as I could. It was weird because it was an inspector, minutes after having checked my pass.
In London, once again in the subway, a little boy came to me and started to touch my reader believing it was a tablet It was a little bit confusing (to me), but I explained to him it was an ereader and he didn't need to press the screen hard by showing him how to turn the pages. He played with it for a couple of minutes, before getting off with his mum.

Those interactions are definitely a cultural and quite fascinating thing So maybe, instead of talking to strangers of their book, people will talk about their ereader? (win-win)
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote