View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #45
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Another problem is the ebook publisher. They seem to be using a Linux system, opening everything in OO, then applying HTML Tidy, the using Calibre to create the ebooks. They also require a word.doc to start with, so giving them a html of the book is not an option, (I wish, it would look fantastic!) I presume the reason for that is that some authors are using MS-OS and some are using a MAC-OS, and this levels the field of what they need to work on.
Just to be clear, you're talking above about Smashwords Meatgrinder, which has separate issues (heading styles and vertical spacing) from what we were talking about earlier in this topic.

My original question in this topic was, could Calibre add the extra term to the CSS that would ensure that "centered" text would actually display as centered, and not displaced by an inherited indent. That was not a SW question, but a question about Calibre conversion.

Quote:
As far as the spans are concerned, I would have to go back about a month for surety, but it was pointed it out to me from Starrigger, and it was (don't quote me for absolute truth until I can find that email,) but the older kindle had the problem and one other I believe, it was such a while ago, that I can't remember at the moment. He got that information from another author.
I don't know what this is in reference to. Maybe the issue with Kindle not supporting a block quote style properly?
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote