View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 02:03 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I am a backup kind of gal and added the sqlite file stored on my desktop to the things I have set to automatically back up each night. A few days ago, as I dragged a new purchase downloaded with ADE to the Kobo icon, the little signal light was blue, rather than green (not a Kobo problem, I think, but rather due to a strange periodic hiccup on my computer). Sure enough, the book did not end up in my reader, but as I played around, I came to realize that there was a pointer to it in my sqlite file. That kept me from being able to load the book from ADE again and have it show up. From past experience, I knew I could have sideloaded it through Calibre and then I would be good to go, but instead, I went to my backup and replaced the now wonky sqlite file with the one from the day before. I then downloaded the book again, and presto chango--there it was.

I'm throwing this out for folks who might not want to start over with an entirely fresh sqlite file and who. likeme, backup the desktop sqlite file.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote