View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 01:36 AM   #53
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
You can back up data that you keep on the cloud just like you can back up data that you keep on local storage. And being stored locally is no guarantee that someone won't attempt to hack it.
Of course it is safe. How can they hack it if it isn't online? My backup server has no internet connection and my internet/mail server has its OS in ROM, not RAM. It is an ex Military system running XP Pro SP3 in ROM. An old - but stable - OS, and fast. It ain't going anywhere.

The Chromebook that my wife got last week was setup with her email accounts, one gmail the other a local ISP. Within two days she was being targeted with ads related to topics discussed in her email and her browsing history - even though ALL cookies are turned off and history not saved. You can have the cloud and anything related to Google - they have one purpose, to profile you for marketing.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote