View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Here's a curly one.

I have a digital edition, prepared by me, of Sir Malcolm Campbell's novel "Salute to the Gods" (1934).

Campbell died in 1948. However, so far as I can tell, the book with written in collaboration with an un-attributed ghost writer who was, it seems, James Wentworth Day. Wentworth Day (if indeed he was the ghost writer) died in 1983.

I assume that in this case the original copyright was always Campbell's, and that Wentworth-Day was acting as an employee of Campbell's for the novel.

Question: Is this book now in the public domain in life + 50 countries?

I know it is in Australia, assuming Campbell was sole copyright owner, because there was no back-dating when Australia went from Life +50 to Life + 70, ie, anything already in the public domain at the time of the change to life + 70 stayed in the public domain. This book was in the Aust Life + 50 PD at the time of the Aust copyright change.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote