View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #13
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-One View Post
She said that wifi would be nice, but she also said that it isn't a must.
eink - well the Kindle (you may have heard) isn't the only eink-device out there; and neither is it the only one with a 6 inch screen.

Organizing books on the device is offered by a lot of other devices also - she can have a pick out of a far wider range of readers other than the Kindle and not be locked into Amazon for DRMed content.

The primary language for ebooks is English? Perhaps in the US. Here in Germany it's - surprising as that may seem - German. I'm sure in Belgium it's Dutch and French.

Classics are nice and all - and you can get most of them for naught all over the net in epub also (the standard-format here in Europe).

Nothing really against the Kindle, it's a nice enough reader (but the keyboard has to go) - but you run into quite a few hurdles when you'd like to switch to another device (most likely a Sony here in Europe) and would like to read your Amazon-purchases on it.
I don't see anything on my post that does not fit what OP asked from the beginning. Please read the posts, before hitting back on that tone.

I have nothing against other ereaders and I don't mind recommend those if I believe or know they can be better of those I actually own and use.

Your comments about the keyboard are subjective and actually has nothing to do with the initial post.

I'm not interested in start a silly debate about Sony vs Kindle, or ebook formats. I believe both are excellent choices for those not living in USA.

And please do not say Kindle users are locked into Amazon online bookstore, that's not correct. We are not. We are NOT forced to buy from Amazon bookstore. As long as the ebook is DRM free, we can sideload books on mobi or ePub format (via Calibre conversion)

Last edited by jocampo; 06-30-2011 at 09:12 AM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote