View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 06:57 AM   #17
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Has the horrible Kobo Desktop software improved in the last year or two? Do you still have to use this to load content to the device, or can you now just copy files via the USB link, as with most other devices? At one time it was pretty flaky, and had a habit of corrupting the Kobo's internal database.
Nope. Haven't opened it for months, and then only to see if I could replicate some other user's problem. Updates, Pocket syncs, and Kobobooks downloads are all OTA, and for the rest I use Calibre.

Having said that, I don't recall ever _having_ to use it to load books onto the device, not even back in my early Kobo Touch days. Just to initially register the device on buying and after any factory reset, and possibly (I can't remember) for software updates. I think you've always been able to just drag and drop DRM-free epubs. (Disclaimer: I never had a Kobo Wifi, and my memory's not always great.)
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote