View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 11:22 PM   #60
scveteran
Groupie
scveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Perhaps some do want unlimited loaning access.

Still, the word "limited" at the beginning would have made a huge difference.

Personally, I don't care.......I love my K1 and have no interest in a Nook. However, the wording fooled me, and until I read differently, I was under the impression you could lend books...like a library. Its a huge selling feature, and needed to be clearly stated from the gitgo.
I have one question for you. What would there be it in for the authorss and publishers to allow unlimited lending of their works? Keep in mind that even if you agree to only lend the ebook out to one person at a time there is greatly increased risk of the books then being hacked and spread to everyone. Just because you might not do that, doesn't mean that the 32nd person you lent it to won't.

Also keep in mind that many books that you or the library lend are degraded to the point of being unusable after just a few loans. The ebook that you lend out repeatedly could be done hundreds of times with no degradation in quality. That would cut sales and profits.

If we want to keep having good books to read, then we need to make sure that authors and publishers continue to make money.
scveteran is offline   Reply With Quote