View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Yes, mostly.... the size issue is pretty obviously a screw up.

And I don't mean to undercut your criticisms in general, either... Just that you may be expecting more than consumer reports is going to provide (or even care about.)

For instance ... Mac compatible. I had a Sony Reader with my mac and it sucked. Not only did I have to run their god-awful software (I believe it is somewhat better now, this was over a year ago) in virtualization but if I updated my firmware I'd brick it! So if you're not going to go into details about disk mode, etc... it's better to say it isn't Mac compatible because it isn't, not really. Someone who buys a Sony Reader and thinks they can just use that bookstore, update their hardware, etc... are in for some nasty surprises.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote