View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #27
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by oppure View Post
I don't know if this can help, but opening the document that is not properly displayed on the M92 with adobe reader 9 on a pc, selecting the layer navigation panel the panel is blank. So no layers on the document? So problem not related with layers?
We can optimize pdf's from archive.org in Adobe Acrobat e.g. in Acrobat 9 pro, under Document (Menu bar) there is "Optimize Scanned Pdf" command.

I usually slide slider completely to the left for smallest size (quality) and turn off all other options like deskew, background removal, despeckle etc.

It takes about 15-20 minutes on average new laptop.
Optimized pdf is usually doubled in size but can easily be read, highlighted, scrolled, searched etc. on e-readers and tablets like iPad 1.

I use b/w pdf from archive.org because those in color take little more time to get optimized.

We can also downsample pdf in Acrobat (Menu bar--Advanced-Print Production-Pdf Optimizer) or export Pdf as images (Menu bar--File-Export-Image) and than combine them again in pdf but it takes a little longer, about 30 min for average book.

Last edited by markom; 09-15-2012 at 11:41 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote