View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
@chaley. I used to hate working with ingres, db2, and oracle. So it doesn't make much sense that I'm pursuing this ODBC thing, except I figured there'd have been many technical advances since those old days so these days it might be easier and might even work well.

Regarding the plugin suggestion, you've mentioned it before and I'm keeping it in the back of my mind but I'm not sure I'm ready to work with python yet. Re-immersing myself in VB, which at least I used to be relatively proficient with before, I've found that even VB has advanced considerably. So I thought a gradual progression of honing my skills might work best for me. To me python looks scary at this point.

SQLite shell? I didn't see anything about that in the calibre user manual. I'll go look for documentation on the SQLite site.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote