View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #41
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
The Ecoreader has come down in price a great deal but only dropped in price well after the Kobo was released. Prior to that, it was virtually double the price as you mentioned. The Illiad sold by Dymocks online, even more at around AU$670 IIRC.

I purchased overseas due to the high costs of ereaders here in Australia, with the only alternative being the Kindle 2.
DaDirect were selling one of the iRex units for around the $1300AUS price. I doubt many were sold at that price. The Bookeen Gen3 was $500 IIRC.

The Kobo most certainly did initiate the price drop of the Eco Reader. IMHO the Kobo is far better value (justifying the extra $100 for essentially a cover and headphones and losing the simplicity of ebook store integration is damn hard to do). I bought my Pocket Pro last year (5" reader) and it is great, but had the Kobo been around then I would have gone that path instead. Better unit IMHO.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote