View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 06:11 AM   #499
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgreedo View Post
Should we have the right to sell/give away a digital copy if we relinquish the 'original'?

Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't make as much sense to me for a digital file as for a physical book. And I think digital pricing will be low enough that there will be no assumed right to resell something when you've finished with it. It will be a more 'disposable' product and attitude.
I agree. I'd be happy to give up the right to resell ebooks if they were reasonably priced and DRM-free.

Perhaps that's a detail publishers would be interested in – switch to ebooks as there's no second-hand ebook market.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote