View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #13
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
I used to have the Sony prs 300 which was 5 inches. Now I have a few 6 inch kindle devices and much prefer reading on the 6 inch screen. I have a phone with a 5.3 inch screen and that doesn't feel as comfortable to read on even when you discount the backlit screen. The size matters to me too. I guess 5 inches could be good for someone new to e-reading.

Another thing to consider is the amount of sideload books you have. I bought a Kobo glo last month. I put a lot of sideloaded books on it, unfortunately the kobo glo didn't allow you to customise your sideloaded books. Apart from changing the font and size, you couldn't do anything else with sideloaded books like changing margins, line spacing etc.

The dictionary on the kobo is pretty woeful compared to the dictionary on the kindle.
I agree that the reading experience is far better on a 6" device than a 5" device. I originally bought a Sony PRS-350 but very soon changed it for the 650. At the moment I'm using a Kobo Touch but have been very tempted by the Mini and Glo.

I keep reminding myself of reading with my 350 and can resist the pull of the Mini, however a few weeks ago I did buy the Glo but ended up returning it as I found the light too bright even at the lowest setting. While I had it I had no problems with side loaded books, (all of mine are side loaded), and all fonts, font sizes, line spacing and margins were adjustable as normal.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote