View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #37
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I don't think that's true in even the simplest terms - the libraries have limited contracts with Overdrive.
I don't know what their contracts say. However, Overdrive is no longer the only library services vendor.

I believe Overdrive is being ornery about transfers, and the libraries need to be on top of that -- and, I suspect, will not be to Overdrive's benefit as competing services pick up steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater
I don't think they automatically can convert books to a different ebook provider, for example, if their contracts expire.
Technically it should not be difficult at all for a library services provider to crank out a simple spreadsheet with the title, ISBN/ASIN, and number of copies. It's not like a competing provider needs the library to upload a bunch of files.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote