View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I move apps to my sd card on my Galaxy Galaxy SII phone all the time and it's Ice Cream Sandwich... Just get the "app2sd" app from the Play Store and the app will allow you to identify which apps can safely be moved and then allow you to move them from within the app.
Also to move files, add a file manager app like "es file explorer" and you will be able to see them on the "sd" (which is the tablets memory) and move them to the extsd (which is your sd card you added). I don't use Kies at all, not with either of my Samsung devices...
Doesn't your tablet support mtp? When I connect my phone or Galaxy 10.1with the USB cable, they get detected on my Windows 7 pc and I can transfer files directly onto either one.
I have both the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and 7.0 and neither will allow moving apps to the external sd card. The option just doesn't show up like it used to when I used it on Froyo (which is what I had before). My HTC phone which came with ICS wouldn't allow moving apps either but after updating to JellyBean, I can now move apps. On the Tabs when you try to move an app in App2SD, in the storage section where it has Clear Cache and Move buttons, only my phone has a Move button (after update). The 2 Tabs just have an empty space.

I also tried Gemini App Manager to move apps to the SD card. It does has the option and goes as far as saying "Moving:! Be Patient". But it does nothing at all - just stays at 0%.

I agree that using a file manager app is better than using the bult in file manager, but moving files is possible in the built in file manager. When I use the OTG adapter with a flash drive, it automatically opens the File Manager (built in) and I move things from the flash to where ever I want. You can probably get by without installing another file manger app.

Yes, I can connect to the computer with the USB cable and transfer that way. I just choose not to and find it easier with the OTG. Or Dropbox. (My desk is a mess and my computer is old and slow to think about what it's doing.)

Is your Galaxy Tab 10.1 the first or second version and can you move apps to the SD on it?
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote