View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #53
kilron
Connoisseur
kilron doesn't litterkilron doesn't litter

Device: iPod touch
the stylus for sure isn't coming, but that's a very niche thing. mass consumers don't want a stylus interface, its slow and clunky to use. now that doesn't mean you can't have apps designed around a stylus for input and so forth. in fact i would wager a guess that there could easily be many apps designed around stylus input and some nice third-party styli avatilable as well, just nothing made by apple. my guess is it won't be nearly as super accurate as a wacom tablet, but it'll be plenty close enough for the majority of folks that might want to go this route.

but as for the OS itself being built around a stylus, i really think that's something that won't happen for any mass consumer product like an iPad or any other modern tablet aimed at the mass consumer market. IMO, that's related to the primary reason why Windows 7 (or vista or XP for that matter) will never be a good choice for a good mass consumer tablet. that is, they are designed specifically for precise mouse input and don't translate well to touch-only input. android to me has the most potential in this area, though it might be a while before its there, top-to-bottom as a complete tablet OS.
kilron is offline   Reply With Quote