View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Scripting is for handling multiple books in exactly the same manner. It seems to me that this is the provence of SIGIL itself. A scripting language seems to be for making changes to the SIGIL output.
Well I had something different in mind... the embedded scripting language could interface to some kind of Sigil API that would provide access to all the metadata, XHTML files, images files etc... so one could write scripts to etc. remove page numbers from scanned books, or do other sorts of boring and easily automated tasks. Honestly you could do a LOT with that. I'm sure people would find more uses for it than I could imagine.

It's not something that would be implemented any time soon, but it's interesting. Of course, if the community expresses a deep desire for this kind of functionality, that would give it more priority.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote