View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #4
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Um... thanks for pointing out this application crutledge, but what does this have to do with Sigil one day embedding a scripting language?

That application can be used to insert snippets, but an embedded scripting language could offer much more. I'm asking how do people feel about that feature, and what language would they like to see embedded.
It means nothing in the above context. A scripting language for those familiar with Python, etc., will allow the application of strange and wonderous things. But for those of us who don't care to learn another language (maybe only me), this "snippit inserter" is just what we need and would like to see it, or something very like it, solidly interfaced to SIGIL.

Each book is an individual work and must be approached as such. Scripting is for handling multiple books in exactly the same manner. It seems to me that this is the provence of SIGIL itself. A scripting language seems to be for making changes to the SIGIL output. Which is fine. However, if SIGIL produces a clean solid HTML file, with the ability to insert a TOC and other desired links, e.g. a linked LIST of ILLUSTRATIONS and will let me go in and format the book as I see fit, I will be as happy as a Blujay in a corn patch. I will then bless thee and thine to the seventh generation and shout thy praise from the roof tops.

Thanks for all your work. You are totally dedicated.

Charlie
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote