View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #29
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The font size range from 12 to 58. The default is between 22 and 25. I didn't try all the settings. I think I did the ten smallest and then a random lot in the larger sizes. Not all the numbers are there. All are the from 12 to 22. And then it skips one every few steps. From 40 to 58 I think it skips every second number.
For my own interest I decided to fill in the gaps in the Glo (fw 2.1.5) font-size details, so I may as well post them here to save anyone else the tedium (and rather a lot of crashes). The 24 values are:-
12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 46, 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58

This has helped me understand why I'm struggling to get my 'perfect size' with some fonts, which go from 'a bit too small' to 'too large' in one step. It appears my ideal font-size is around 28-30, depending which font family is chosen. I find it odd that the granularity in the mid-range (28-44) is 4 (pts?) per click whilst it is only 2 at the top end.

Quote:
The line spacing has the following values: 1, 1.35, 1.4, 1.6, 1.775, 1.9, 2, 2.2, 3. I have no idea why they would choose those but I haven't tried any other numbers. I thought they might change with font face or size, but they don't seem to.
When I looked at line-height on the Glo I had a different minimum value to you, namely:
1.3, 1.35, 1.4, 1.6, 1.775, 1.9, 2.0, 2.2, 3.0
1.3 is a bit big for my tastes, for most fonts. I wonder how many people choose a line-height of 2+?

Quote:
The margins start with 0 and go up by 3 to 15. You can set this to any number in that range and it will be used. You might be able to set it to a larger number, but I haven't tried. And I can't see any reason to go as high as 15.
I agree, 15 does seem way too high, I'd prefer settings 0-5 with 1pt granularity or even 0-10 with 2pt granularity.

Quote:
After a lot of playing, I find I like Georgia, font size 17...
Sigh... I wish I could read that small
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote