View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
JimLL
Cynic
JimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsJimLL can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Do the headings have a unique class (style) assigned?

Do the headings ONLY have 'Chapter n'? (n being numbers)

Regex is about finding patterns to trigger on
Thanks

Unique class (style)? Assigned? I don't even know what a class (style) is, let alone a unique one. And assigning attributes is what _I_ am doing - very slowly.

Yes, I believe most of them are 'Chapter n'. One or two may have 'Chapter [one, two, etc.]'. Some of them have Chapter titles following them on the same line. The titles show up in the TOC, which is what I want, but that's all details. My concern is the time involved.

There seems to be a pile of stuff out there about Regex. But since I had a stroke at age 47 (decades ago) I can't even program stuff I already went to school for, let alone study something new.

I've figured out how to set and use heading attributes, but it takes a very long time to manually set 100+ chapter headings one at a time. So I'm asking how to set them automatically. What I've tried so far, highlighting the lines with CTRL, doesn't work, because when you set one line it erases all the other highlights. (NOT what CTRL is supposed to do.)

I could do it in OOo in a blink, but I haven't found a program to convert it into HTML without stripping all the headings attributes out.

Last edited by JimLL; 04-08-2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: clarifying
JimLL is offline   Reply With Quote