View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #8
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
It sounds rather nice, as I like the webcloud concept and the ported webapps are seductive. However, since I intend to use it for emulating old consoles, Ubuntu is most fitting, for it carries the largest repository. So far I've found, in the Ubuntu repository, emulators for SNES, PSX and Nintendo 64 (now I'd like to see if they carry drivers for my Saitek P2600...maybe I'm greedy? ). I admit I'm not too much into compiling manually, and the little emulation programs seem to rough up the codewriting too much for a newbie like me.

Nevertheless, I'll keep in touch with the Jolicloud thing. Maybe when I win more experience with Linux I'll dare to come back, install the emulators manually and go on to the (truth be told) formidably well marketed experience. I can tell I like it already, mainly because the design of the website has compelled me.

@Bremen Cole: Give Linux a second chance, it won't let you down

BTW, what I did to restore it might be of use for others. I flashed into my USB a modified version of the Puppy distro, called Puppeee, which has the core advantage of being small enough to run only on RAM memory, not needing for its processes the help of my (in this case) non-working SSD. Using Puppeee's GUI for Gparted, I could reformat the SSD into something tolerable, and now I'm able to throw in whatever I want for the little bastard.

Last edited by Logseman; 04-05-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote