View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #1
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Using "readability" to save html pages

This might be in the wrong forum, and if so I apologize in advance, but because I use Calibre extensively for the process of converting WEB articles to epub format, I thought I'd start here.

Currently the process I use when I want to convert a web article to an epub document is as follows:

1) Save page as html
2) Import into Calibre
3) Convert from "zip" to "epub"

Obviously a lot of the time, due to the design of the web page, the conversion doesn't come out right and tweaking is required.

I've recently discovered this handy little tool called "readability". Basically it's a javascript bookmarklet which will render the current web page to a nicer, streamlined text version, (with images).

I really have no clue about this stuff, (hence the post), but can anyone think of a way to save the reformatted page (for later importing into calibre)? Or have the calibre conversion process somehow call the javascript so the cleaned up version of the page is converted into the required format? Currently if you just "save as" it will end up saving the original version of the page.

Thanks in advance.
mukoan is offline   Reply With Quote