View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 06:41 AM   #34
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Moejoe, the champion of creativity, who never tires of warning us about the evils of the pursuit of money, is telling us to use a Google product (Chrome OS)? A product from the company that sucks out all our personal data and exploits it with nothing but profits and the destruction of the competition in mind? The company that represents the worst of capitalism and loss of privacy today?
Loss of privacy? You're making a joke, surely? You actually think we can keep anything private in the digital age...really, you're joking right, either that or deluded? And I'm not 'telling you to use' anything, but I am excited about Chrome OS, which will, despite your protestations, bring some competition to MS and Apple in the OS arena (I already use MS, Apple and Linux on that front I'm agnostic). If you're not excited about Google Chrome OS and Wave then I'd highly doubt you'd be excited by anything in the tech world.

Nice comparison though, might convince some stupid people into thinking that you actually have an argument by equating my interest in Google Chrome OS with my idealism in the face of traditional publishing. Interest in Google Chrome OS != advocation of pure capitalism.

Better luck next time

Last edited by Moejoe; 07-13-2009 at 06:45 AM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote